Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 3

Hello Hello!

Today we woke up and went to breakfast at the hotel. YUM. We then got on the bus and headed over to VSIP which is the acronym for Vietnam Singapore Industrial Park. Today we had to skip the classes with UEF because the company visits took up the whole day. VSIP was the company that I researched prior to departure. It felt great going into the company visit and really understanding what they were talking about. We had a quick briefing and then we had time for Q&A. They had a very cool model of the industrial parks that they built. I already knew what the park was for, but then a woman from the company explained to us different aspects of their company. (i.e. the reason that there is no park in singapore is because they do not have any more land in their nation) After VSIP we proceeded to II-VI. This was my FAVORITE company visit so far. It was so beyond interesting. II-VI is a laser optics company. They toured us around their factories, and I was in my "happy place".  I got to see a lot of things that I have learned in my freshmen classes (such as electrolysis). Overall, this was a great day for company visits. After the company visits I had my favorite meal in Viet Nam thus far. The lunch was excellent. It was a lot of seafood and vegetables. We then went to the ceramic place and I bought a lot of souvenirs. When we got back.. Brittany, Hailey, and I passed out for a nap.... We slept from 4-9 and (accidentally). Hailey never actually woke up until the morning, but Brit and I went and got dinner then went back to sleep. Ha-Ha.



Thing I learned today... Tin Tin takes a LOT of pictures



No comments:

Post a Comment