Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 8!

Hello Bloggers!

It's Monday, and we have a lot planned for today. We get to leave later then 8:15, which is a dream come true. We have language class at a closer UEF location. I like this site better, but a lot of other students did not. Ms. Tuyet made sure that we learned how to bargain in Vietnamese today because we are heading to the market afterwards. We learned how to ask "how much is this?", and we learned all of the different numbers. When we got to the market a lot of Vietnamese people were surprised when I asked in their language, and I think it helped me get a better discount. I bought a lot of souvenirs for my friends and family. I can't wait to show everyone. This evening we went to a temple, and it was cool because Buddha's birthday is tomorrow. Finally we headed over to the place where the monk burned himself alive. This was very interesting because I have heard about this monk many times in high school. I then got ice cream which was delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment