Monday, May 19, 2014

Wrap up


The last day of the trip was meant to be fun. We started our day by heading to the sports arena to play some soccer (football) and basketball. We got crushed in both sports, but it was very fun to watch and participate. After the games I gave some of my friends Pitt T-shirts. They absolutely loved them. I also gave the UEF basketball coach a Pitt basketball. We then took a lot of pictures with our UEF friends. After a hard goodbye we headed back to the hotel to shower and eat lunch. It turned out that a few of my closer Vietnamese friends decided to spend the rest of the day with us. Crystal, D, and Julia came up to our room to hang out, and Crystal gave us all a very nice present.


That evening Dr. Berman took us all out to eat for our farewell dinner on a boat. The food was very delicious, but it was hard to enjoy knowing that this was our last meal together. After we ate, the boat left the dock, and we got to see Ho Chi Minh in a different light. The view was spectacular.



When we got back to the hotel the tailor who made our suits was waiting for us. Mine turned out better than I could have hoped for. Everyone put theirs on, and we got a group picture.




This trip was amazing, and I met some wonderful people. This 2 week study abroad has taught me more than any 3 credit class ever could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment